2nd Line ServiceDesk Engineer
Nviron is looking for skilled and personable individuals to join our growing ServiceDesk Team.
Working closely for customers to provide an effective primary response, this 2nd line Service Desk Engineer role offers interesting and engaging opportunity to support a broad range of customers and the interesting and diverse support challenges they present.
Dedication to customer service, character and the ability to integrate to our hardworking teams is of primary consideration to our company. As a second line ServiceDesk Engineer you will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support to internal and external customers, be responsible for incident resolution within the areas of your expertise, and relish in providing an excellent customer service experience within an SLA guided environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing professional and efficient 2nd line technical support
- Providing onsite support services as part of the customer location team rota
- Incident ownership, with technical diagnosis and fixing of issues either remotely or on-site
- Proactively managing backup schedules and targeted reaction to monitoring platforms
- Troubleshooting infrastructure systems to determine satisfactory incident resolution
- Strive to exceed in the delivery of operational KPI’s and customer SLA’s.
Successful candidates will have support skills in numerous of, the following Technical areas:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, Server and desktop operating systems
- O365 user management and troubleshooting skills are essential.
- Sound knowledge of Security and Firewalls.
- Working experience of Active Directory (AD) and user account management.
- Sound understanding of VDI environments and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of Backup management.
- Experience of datacentre monitoring management.
- Knowledge of Anti-virus & Web/Mail filtering principles.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking.
- Working experience of hardware components.
- Knowledge of virtualisation principles. VMware & Hyper-V
- Hold an IT certification or equivalent (i.e. ITIL/MCP, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be a team player with experience of working within an ITIL or IT support service department. They must demonstrate appreciation of the ITIL Framework a service level agreement-guided environment. An active listener and communicator, a willingness to learn and support new technologies, hold a driving license and be willing to travel on a regular basis.
Nviron are committed to investment in outstanding management systems, excellent personal business tools, a vibrant office & social environment, and continuous development of our personnel.
Your package will include a competitive experience-based salary and car allowance, free parking, a modern lightweight laptop with remote working facilities, funded training and certification support, iPhone, access to Perkbox and a Private Health Care and Pension upon completion of probation period.