24 January 2024
Simplifying secure access with Microsoft Entra
Hybrid work is becoming more common than ever, and employees need secure access to company resources, whether they are based on-site or working remotely. Your IT department needs to control your users access to sensitive data and functions, only granting access to the people and things that need to work with them.
Microsoft Entra is the go-to unified identity and network access solution that protects any identity and secures access to any application or resource in any cloud or on-premises. For the 7th consecutive year, Microsoft has been named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Access Management so you know you're in safe hands.
Microsoft Entra's mission is to simplify access security in the face of evolving digital threats, ensuring secure access for everyone, everywhere. This year, notable innovations have been introduced to fulfil this mission:
- Microsoft Entra ID Governance: A complete identity governance solution ensuring precise access control for individuals across various resources and environments. This cloud product streamlines identity and access lifecycle management, enhancing access governance for on-premises, SaaS, and cloud applications.
- Advanced Authentication Methods: Progress has been made in offering additional phishing-resistant authentication methods. Users can now sign in using passkeys managed through the Microsoft Authenticator app, which is FIPS 140-compliant for iOS and Android. Customisation options for the cloud-based certificate-based authentication (CBA) solution have also been expanded.
- Enhancements to Microsoft Entra ID: New features, including Microsoft Entra ID Protection, fortify defences against identity takeover in real time. A revamped dashboard provides improved security posture insights, new risk detections to prevent attacks in early stages, and integration with Microsoft Defender XDR to correlate incidents. Strict location enforcement capabilities and continuous access evaluation (CAE) enhance the ability to revoke access and remediate potential compromise in near real-time. Token protection measures are reinforced with the introduction of sign-in session token protection.
- Unified Capabilities in Microsoft Entra External ID: The preview of new, unified capabilities in Microsoft Entra External ID, the next-gen customer identity and access management platform, brings a more developer-centric platform with advanced security and governance features, along with deep integrations across Microsoft Security.
- Identity-Centric Security Service Edge Solution: Introducing Microsoft Entra Internet Access and Microsoft Entra Private Access forms a new identity-centric Security Service Edge solution. This combines identity and network access controls under a single policy engine, extending universal Conditional Access controls to any user and resource across identity, endpoint, and network.
Microsoft Entra ID offers a robust and scalable solution as organisations navigate the challenges of securing their hybrid workforce. By combining strong authentication, intelligent threat detection, seamless integration, and self-service capabilities, Entra ID empowers organisations to protect their sensitive data and systems effectively. It enhances security and enables organisations to embrace the benefits of remote and hybrid work models without compromising their cybersecurity posture.
If you want to discuss taking the necessary steps to protect your hybrid workforce, please Click Here to speak to one of our specialists. Alternatively, existing customers can contact their designated Account Manager.
Ready to streamline your IT operations
Situated between Manchester and Liverpool, our IT experts are perfectly positioned to take care of the tech, so you can focus on what really matters.Talk to an expert